Cant download anything from the Internet

• jayboy1385
  • Born
  • Born
  • jayboy1385

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just recently my computer is unable to download anything from the internet. I click the save or open tab and it goes away as if it were going to download, but nothing ever happens. I wanted to post a Highjackthis report but i cant since i am unable to even download this software. Please help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Click start, run, type msconfig and press enter. Disable all under the startup tab and reboot. See if your downloads work then. If not, boot to safe mode and try it again.
  • jayboy1385
  • Born
  • Born
  • jayboy1385

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i disabled all under the startup in msconfig and nothing changed. My computer definitely seems to be getting slower too. Could it be a virus or something? I think it all started shortly after seeing popup on my computer after i started it up saying "CLED Error!" Could this have anything to do with it
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it could. Any conflict can cause a problem. Search google for "CLED Error", there are a lot of hits. Check the device manager in case of a hardware conflict.

Run msconfig again. Make sure that it didn't go back to normal startup. It everything is still disabled, a process could be running from somewhere else.

Open a command prompt and run:

wmic /output c:\proc.txt process get caption,processid,commandline

Then open proc.txt in notepad.
  • jayboy1385
  • Born
  • Born
  • jayboy1385

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry im not too familiar with using Command Prompt but i typed "wmic /output c:\proc.txt " into the prompt and was told alias was not found. Did i type it incorrectly?
  • htcorp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • htcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have Window CD,you can reinstall, very easy :D sometime my computer have similar problem and i have only that solve.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

wmic /output c:\proc.txt process get caption,processid,commandline

You only typed half the command. That's the entire command. Pay attention to the spaces.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts