SD card problem (This device cannot start. Code 10)

• gotdimps
  • gotdimps
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

The SD slot on my laptop is being weird. (It's a dell.) It reads my 256mb and used to read my 1G microSD card but now it doesn't. My printer hooked to my desktop however, reads it just fine. So it's confusing because I know my laptop slot works because it has before and it reads the 256mb card, and I know my 1G card works because the printer to the desktop reads it. I've redone the drivers mulitple times and it just keeps telling me I have the best one and when I replace them it says it's already there and do I want to replace it. I don't know what else to do.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mr OBrien
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: down a creek without a paddle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do the following to repair this problem:

1. Goto control panel.
2. Double-Click the system icon.
3. Click on hardware tab.
4. Click on device manager.
5. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
6. Right-click a device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time. Do this until no devices are left.
7. Restart the computer, and allow the computer to reinstall the USB controllers.
8. Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that it works properly now.

Did it do this after you installed the printer? If not Reinstall the printer if the usb port on the printer does not respond or the printer does not respond at all.

Good Luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts