.CDI File wont open.

• IMP_Batch
  • Student
  • Student
  • IMP_Batch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a cdi file on my pc and i didnt know how 2 use it so i looked around on google and found that it was an CD image file. SO i used my Daemon tools to unpack it but windows says that its either coppurt or that its not compatible ith windows. so i tried 2 convert it in2 an ISO file but the program said its not a valid image file... what is the file and y wont it work? thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

A long time ago I had this problem. I believe you just have to unpack and open the file with a CS burner program, such as Nero.
  • IMP_Batch
  • Student
  • Student
  • IMP_Batch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Iv used Daemon tools, MigicISO Alcohol, all of them say they cant read it yet they read that its as ICD image. The cdi image is a Dreamcast game. Does this affect it at all?
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use Padus DiscJuggler to open/burn it.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

IsoBuster works for all image files and also CDI. You may give it a try.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay except that if it's a DC game, it's got a certain structure that needs to be preserved for it to work, so you don't want to unpack/extract it, nor do you want to convert it to another disc image type.

Err.. I think, however, that this subject matter might be verboten here at Ozzu.
  • IMP_Batch
  • Student
  • Student
  • IMP_Batch

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm i used ISOBuster to see whats in the file but there seems to be no installation program. Could this jsut be a copy of the actualy DC cd? would i need an emulator for it?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is probably an Image of a DC game which would not have an installer. You would either need a DC that has been chipped or an emulator to run the game.
  • IMP_Batch
  • Student
  • Student
  • IMP_Batch

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmm i have tried chakust or whatever it is caled (a DC emulator) but it either doesnt work or i cant work it.... :( ne1 know how 2 use it?
  • cky2k77
  • Born
  • Born
  • cky2k77

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have extracted files that i need from a .cdi file with ISObuster and am now trying to burn them to a data DVD with Nero. I can burn the disc fine but once its finished the DVD drive cant read it. THere is 1 folder on the disc with 4 subfolders. THere are .mp3's, .txt's, .mov (quicktime files), etc. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
  • rob098890
  • Born
  • Born
  • rob098890

Post 3+ Months Ago

To play homebrew/pirate games on a dreamcast you DO NOT need a mod chip. All PAL systems play pirate games, but unfortunatly some newer NTSC dreamcasts will not, The games must be burnt on a CD-R not a CD-RW as the dreamcast cant read them. Most dreamcast games are in .cdi format and can be burnt with the demo version of discjuggeler (Files under 700MB, all CD'S) Chankast is very unreliable but if you do this you will need the dreamcast bios and shove it in with your chankast stuff before it will play anything, google dreamcast bios to get it.

Please excuse my english and enjoy your dreamcast fun!

Oh and i forgot, Alcohol 120% will also burn your games
  • Sephic
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sephic

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just recently got 'Evolution' for the dreamcast and they are in .cdi format *2 files* Do i have to merge them at all? and i also downloaded Alcohol 120% as well.If someone could help me through the steps on burning this game,that would be awesome haha.

*Edit* It keeps telling me to reboot my pc after i hit next on the setup for Alc 120 and i also got Disc Juggler and it says the exact same thing X_x

Can somebody help me out with this?

Could it be because i have Vista Home Premium?! XD
  • Poly007
  • Born
  • Born
  • Poly007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sephic, firstly you should see the date of last post, than you should write... But answer on your question is: I DON'T KNOW!
  • Janrocks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: between

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alcohol 120% will burn .cdi images. It is not that you do not have "compatible software", just that this type of file is not directly associated with any program. If you go to Alcohol's settings, in the "Virtual drive>Shell extension" section you will see that they are DiscJuggler image files. I have a very clear guide for dreamcast backups.. but obviously cdi images are used for more than just that application.
  • lukamunga
  • Born
  • Born
  • lukamunga

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure of this applies to the same thing but I know I'm in the ballpark. i downloaded 30 gb of dc games and all of them are in there own folders. Instead of .ISO's I have numerous files in one folder. For instance, Nfl Blitz 2001 files say E-BTZ2K1.003 and then .004 and so on. Do I just burn these as data on nero and use a boot disc or what? How do these files work?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts