Ip change.

• Combatcoda
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all, I have America Online IE6 for my net, in other words a dialup connection. I was wondering how is it that I change my ip without sigining on/off line. I know that changes it, but someone was doing it real fast with dialup and said they used the command prompt. If you have any idea please post, reply or whatever. Would be much apperciated. I came across this site just looking around and I seem to like what I saw. I can help with about anything also I used to be a Internet IE programer and now I build comptures for a living. But anyways, I will visit this site daily at work/home and try to help out in any way possible.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that the ipconfig /release and /renew works with dialup. Let me know if it does.
  • Combatcoda
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried it, it dont work keeps telling me that "The Media is turned off", which it isin't turned off I think it's just cause of dialup dymanic ip. But I've seen it done and have no idea how, if anyone does know I'd be much abliged.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those commands are used with a network adapter, not a modem. Dialup connections don't use an network adapter.
  • Combatcoda
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then I wonder why when I use it, it says "Cannot connect to the Media". I could change my ip easily but signing in/out but takes to long and it's slow cause dialup. I really would like to know how to do it without doing that. And no, I aint a little kid so it's not for hacking reasons. It is for my a new program that I am creating.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't care how old you are or if you want to hack NASA. Those commands won't work with a modem and I doubt any of the Hayes Modem Commands would work either but feel free to look.

http://readthetruth.com/modems.htm
  • Combatcoda
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm so glad that you don't care I'm a little kid, frankly I didn't ask you anyways and nobody was talking to you.. anyways you can change it with a Modem and IE6 America Online Cause I fig it out with website hosting, moron..
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

*looks at stick, frowns.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Combatcoda wrote:
I'm so glad that you don't care I'm a little kid, frankly I didn't ask you anyways and nobody was talking to you.. anyways you can change it with a Modem and IE6 America Online Cause I fig it out with website hosting, moron..

Frankly you did ask, Combatcoda. And Don was trying to help you. And he also gave you the correct answer. I'm sorry if you don't like the answer, but being rude to other members is not tolerated here. Please show a little more respect.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

What has to be done to ban him? Was that his final warning?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No this was the first. The problem is that from a review of some of his other posts, he's not actually trying to "change" his IP he's trying to hide it. In which case he's looking for a proxy and I have no inclination to explain how to go about doing it.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I'm done with him too. I'm going to stop watching the topic and I won't reply to any more of his posts.
Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts