1 computer cannot connect through modem (right forum?)

• Kityarah
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kityarah

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have 2 desktop computers and 2 laptops, a 5 port modem, and wirelss connections. One pc, the older one has no problems connecting, the 2 laptops connect fine through wireless. This pc though wont connect through an ethernet connection, it will through wireless, but it seems very slow and disconnects from games often. We tried disabling the wireless and hooking up through ethernet many times, but it keeps saying cannot detect the connection. It worked fine for a long time, then even the wireless wouldnt connect, now I have the wireless working again but cant seem to figure out why it wont connect through the modem/ethernet. I am not that computer savvy when it comes to things like this, so any ideas in an easy to understand way would be helpful. This computer is used mostly for games so this is a big issue for me. Hope someone can help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

It sounds like the NIC went bad or became unseated. Reseat it or try another slot. If that doesn't work, try another NIC.
  • Kityarah
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kityarah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks I will try that. Hopefully it is something that simple lol.
  • Softix
  • Softix

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think there might be some problems with your wireless router.I got the same problems before as well and we think that the some of the hard ware is not compatible with our software.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts