Computer not displaying

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer turns on, but doesn't send anything. I bought myself a new graphics card to see if that's the problem (and because I needed an upgrade anyway). Went from Radeon HD 5450 to Radeon HD 6770. (My computer is ASUS CG1330-07).

That didn't fix my computer. I tried my dedicated graphics card and the original Radeon HD 5450 and my new Radeion HD 6770, but my computer is not sending any information to my monitor. I don't know what to do... I'm kind of afraid my motherboard is fried, which means I have to spend even more money to fix my computer (money that I don't have).

Any help with my computer? Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

o.k so you have done the checklist yet

connect monitor to motherboard VGA to test mobo working
If nothing then there may be mobo issue. Put back the old card and try again.

tried 2 different monitor cables from g card to monitor

reset bios back to default - long shot but you never know i have seen more confusing situations.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anything get displayed? Do you see any of the intial boot up stuff before Windows starts to load or does it crap out after Windows startup begin? If you see nothing at all then I would lean more towards your monitor or cabling. If you see the POST messages but it then dies once Windows starts up then I would lean more towards driver/hardware issues with your graphics.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I connected the monitor to my laptop and it works.

The monitor doesn't display anything. Just blacks out. And I've replaced the graphics card, so it can't be the graphics card. It's a hardware issue...
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

is the video card getting power? do you have another power supply? test that.

oo also whats you going to do with your old video card?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does the machine at least POST, and/or is your motherboard producing any error codes (beeps)?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if it Posts... How would I check/know? It seems like it does, or tries... Maybe it's incomplete or error edit. No beeps though... There are no error beeps on it.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if it don't beep that generally means the mobo sees it. Does it show your "splash" screen. (The screen befor your windows logo)? I know its going to sound odd but. Test with a different monitor and if it works try replacing the VGA cable. I've had that go bad on me and caused the screen not to show.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The monitor works, I know that because I plugged it into my laptop and it displayed. I tried HDMI and VGA on both the dedicated graphics card and the other graphics card on my desktop and it doesn't show anything.

The monitor doesn't display anything, as if I turn it on without it plugged into anything. I guess I could make a video of me starting up the machine, that might give you some more information... should I?
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know some moniters says "no input" or "no signal" does your do that? also a video could help.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

My monitor doesn't display "No Signal" or "No Input".

Here is my professional video :D Sorry it took so long... don't really have an excuse :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJRgF3wrXo
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

well only thing left is the motherboard, guess it has something blown in it. you replaced the rest of the main parts. Need to swap out the mobo and test that. idk what else to do with it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm planning on buying a new motherboard, new RAM and a new CPU for my computer. What do I need to look for to make sure that everything works? I'm guessing the only thing I'll have to worry about is compatibility between the CPU and the motherboard, but do I need to worry about the RAM as well? Or maybe the graphics card? I read somewhere that the CPU needs to be HD enabled in order for me to get good HD graphics. What all do I need to look for? Thanks.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes need to make sure if the mobo is compatible with the ram. ex ddr3 vs ddr2 and 1066vs 1333. and so on.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just the ram? I probably won't be able to buy this motherboard anytime soon.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

well ram and cpu socket.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts