Computer 'Restarts Alone

• Soulslayer
  • Soulslayer

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello all friends i have the game never winter nights and somedays there is the problem that i killed much bosses and such things but then suddenly my computer restarts from alone can you tell me please how i can stop this restarting
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

does this happen with any program or with just that game

if its with any program i'd check your power supply and make sure the connection's not blocked by dust
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your using WinXP does it do a memory dump? if so its encountering a critical error, you can turn off the automatic restarting in System Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> Automatic Restart
  • cyber_craft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yah i coudl be doing a memory dumb i have had that happen to me befor too i fix it tho the same way that AlkatrOz said.
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

could be overheating. Make sure the graphics card, motherboard, and cpu arent burning hot dont touch just feel the air. Also, try taking off the side panel is you dont have a warrenty then run it.
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

RAM is another issue, depending on the game it might be giving your RAM a good work out and bringing up errors. DocMem is a great program that I think has a link somewhere in this forum. I don't have the link myself as I've had it for several years now. You can use it to test your ram using a variety of tests including some that give it a pretty good work out. I'm not sure if it works on DDR RAM though, someone else in this forum is bound to know and if there is an equivalent program to be used for DDR.

Alkatr0z
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I had the same problem before with a game also and what I had is a message displayed saying "your computer will restart in <30> seconds, it keeps counting down from 30 to 0 then it restarts, a friend of mine told that it was a virus and I cleaned it, so I don't know if you have the same thing

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts