computer went crazy

• twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know what happened
last night i was on a fourm page and my screen turned blue and said fatal error and did some kind of memory dump at the bottom then restarted my computer when it turned back on it said loading windows and did nothing past that,i tryed to even restore from a earlyer date ,nothing,i tryed to format,nothing,i tryed everything i knew how and got no responce ,unless in safe mode,i reinstalled my windows and its working again but thats not the 1st time its happened maybe 2 x this month,i show no error record and dont know whats causing this,its not a virus its windows somehow ,but i dont know whats wrong.its fustrateing because i cant find a log of any kind.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

computer went crazy, screen turned blue, fatal error... See? I already know you're talking about Windows ;)

Perhaps it's an application you're using that's somehow currupting an important windows file? What I would do, is keep a log of exactly what you install, when you install it, and spot when the errors start popping up.

Restoring from an earlier date will only restore your registry settings as far as I'm aware, and not restore system files that may have become corrupted.
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol my son d/l games all the time,(but thats what he has his computer for )now hes tryn to take over my computer.....im allways finding new games on here when i turn it on.ive never had a error messages thats the problem,it dosnt tell me anything untill it craps out then i wonder what happened.
  • phpSelectah
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are running XP or 2000, you can go into the event viewer, and it may have logged the app that crashed. Track it that way.

Another good thing to do is to write down the stop error code, and look it up in Microsoft's Knowledge base. :D

To me it sounds like bad ram though. To be sure:

Download the small ISO from this link, and boot into it.
http://www.memtest86.com/

this will test your ram and determine if it is usable/stable etc.

Good luck :D

Hth ...
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for posting that link phpSelectah, that will definitely come in useful here :)
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

my ram is good,i cant write the message down when it fills my whole screen with the blue screen full of errors it stays up for about 5 seconds u can see the bottom where its dumping #'s then shuts offthats about all you really have a chance to see is the number dump at the bottom.maybe my ram is ok rite now because it dumped everything lastnight,i will have to keep a eye on that and run test again every few days just to keep a eye thanks tho
jen
  • phpSelectah
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Thanks for posting that link phpSelectah, that will definitely come in useful here :)

:D

@ twiztit_momma: Glad you ram checked out okay :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm also greatful for that link. Indeed that will come in handy.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts