convert W7 in WXP or W2000 style

• ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no idea on that as I do not have used W7 yet... regretfully I have to change soon as buying a new PC will nearly force me to have a W7 installed.

Just wondering if is possible with some setting in W7 modify the aspect in a way that remind wxp or better w2000 ....... I mean old win style.... that I love.

The point is that I will be bored to find out where they have hidden things in the new system.... there are more usefull thing to learn but microsoft have nothing better to do that change all just to change something for comercial reasons and not real reasons.

The best example to me is Word that I was able to use perfectly at advanced level 7 or 8 years ago... now I use it at nornal base level as I do not need advanced.... but in case I need to do advanced thing.... with new versions.... they changed things so much that probably I will need to learn again from 0.... this is madness!

Regards
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are familiar with Win2k and XP you should have little trouble finding your way around Windows 7. Personally I like the user interface so much better than either of the older versions that it is almost annoying to go back to them. Particularly I like the Aero Peek which lets you hover over your taskbar items and visually see the open windows without actually switching to them. In reality though there is very little difference from XP that you shouldn't be able to figure out after one hour of using it. What will probably be your most noticeable annoyance will be the added security features (and warnings) that are intended to be helpful and in theory give you added protection - in other words to not make inadvertent choices on installing things that could hurt your computer.

To answer your question, there is not a way that I have seen or am aware of to switch to "classic" mode like there was with XP. Bottom line is you'll have to get used to the changes.
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

To answer your question, there is not a way that I have seen or am aware of to switch to "classic" mode like there was with XP. Bottom line is you'll have to get used to the changes.

Thanks for the reply I was supposing that! I will find my way out in W7 then... :|

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts