a couple problems

• 123chimpanzee
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • 123chimpanzee

Post 3+ Months Ago

one problem i am having is whenever i restart my computer or shut it down i doesnt shut down. like i click shut down or restart and it logs out save settings and then it says Windows now shutting down in that blue screen. it stays at that screen forever untill i hold my power button in. another problem i am having is when i load counter-strike when im done playing and exit out the hl.exe (counter-strike) stays in task manager i cannot end it it just stays there taking up 0 memory but i cant load another game or any .exe i have to restart my computer....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've only seen that shutdown problem twice. Once it was the Yahoo tray icon causing it. I deleted it and that solved it. It doesn't stop IM or anything from working. Another time. we flashed the BIOS and that did it.

Boot to safe mode or disable some programs in the startup (msconfig) Reboot and then shutdown. If the problem stops, then it's one of those programs causing a conflict.

Now that I think of it, since counterstrike is hanging, that could be causing the shutdown problem. It's very possible that the problems are related.
  • 123chimpanzee
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • 123chimpanzee

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the counter strike never did that untill that yahoo google toolbar etc came and i deleted em and this error still occurs
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post a hijack this log and we would check it and tell you what bad stuff you have on your computer and lets see if its anything spyware/virus related.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, all of the tool bars and their dependencies haven't been deleted then. There are still more pieces in the registry that have to go.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts