Creating Images with Nero

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to figure out how to simply create an image of a cd and save it to the hard drive. I have gone through all of the Nero Burning Rom and I cannot seem to figure out how to save the image as a file. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

try this, i have used it before works great...

http://www.winiso.com/
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aren't you able to create images with Nero itself though? I swear in the past I was able to make a image and save it as a .iso or .img to the hard drive. I do not want another program, because this isn't for my computer.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

BigWeb.... this is for NERO 5.5.8.2 but will probably work with all of em.

Processing of an image file consists of two independent steps.

1. In the first step, the image file is created and saved as a file instead of being written immediately onto a CD.
2. In the second step, this image file is written onto a CD.
1. Select Image Recorder from the CD-RECORDER> Choose Recorder menu and confirm your selection by clicking on OK.
2. Create, for example, a CD-ROM (ISO) or an Audio-CD compilation.
3. Open the Write dialog. The easiest way to do this is to click on the Write CD icon in the toolbar You will then go to the Write CD dialog box, which will undoubtedly look familiar to you: it is the same box which you saw for the creation of a new compilation, only now the Burn property sheet is shown on the top. You will see several boxes, some of which are already selected. Determine maximum speed and Simulate are already selected. In the case of an image file, however, it is enough to only select the Write box. You can deactivate the other steps by clicking on them.

4. You may now check over all of the settings on this and the other property sheets and make any necessary changes.
5. You may now confirm your selections by clicking on the Write button. The Save Image File dialog box opens. Here, you can enter a file name for the image file. The files of your compilation will be written into this file. In other words, you need as much space for the image file as the total size of the files of the compilation.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you try this ? If so, did it work?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup all I had to do was goto the menu where it says:

Recorder->Choose Recorder

and then you can specify the exact recorder you would like to choose. The other way is to use Nero Express and it allows you to choose right there which one you want to burn with.

With Nero Buring Rom I do not think it will allow you to choose once you are underway during the wizard. So you have to choose the recorder before you undergo the burning process. Basically just like you said :)

Thanks.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh - i never use the wizard so I guess that's why i was no help. Cuz I
see it now....sorry. Glad you got it to work tho. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts