DCOM

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My DCOM fails to start

This is what it says in the even viewer...

Event Viewer wrote:
DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start the service SENS with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search google for "The service database is locked" Here is one quote:
Error: "The service database is locked". One may get this error if an attempt is made to stop/start or otherwise perform some service-related tasks when a server has just started and the systems still performs some of the startup functions in the background thus keeping the services database locked. In this case just wait a couple of minutes for the system to finish its tasks. It could also be that a faulty service installation procedure "locked" the database and in this case a reboot may help.

You can also try to start it by hand.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's helpful thanks Don2007... I now have another question related to this... I don't know what service this is talking about since the error message didn't mention what service just the server's registry key (is that what it is?)

I guess I can search my registry for that particular registry key and find out... I think it's my McAfee though... in the Applications tab in Event Viewer I get an error saying that there is some problem with one of the services for McAfee and McAfee refuses to turn on so my computer is not protected but right now all that doesn't matter because my brother decided to fix my computer and lo and behold I don't have that computer any more... I also figured out why my computer turns off every now and then. The problem resided in my graphic card... the clues were that my computer turned off at a random time when I was playing a game... or something that required a lot of graphic data transfer or whatever... something that my graphics card couldn't take on... my graphics card is just a regular graphics card that is made to just do about anything like watch a movie... nothing special... even old games froze and don't work but that doesn't matter.

Thanks though. I'm just going to do a complete reinstall of my computer since that is what my brother started to do to "fix" the problem :lol:
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the morals of this problem, "Don't let anyne but yourself to fix the computer. Or someone you truly trust."

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts