DDRAW.dll error

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

:evil: I am trying to use a game called Survival Project International and everytime i try to log on, the game loads the logon info, but it will not allow me to start the game itself. i wish i knew what this DDRAW.dll file was and how to fix this problem. it says that the file may be corrupted or non-existant.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

It must be direct draw...
First check if your Graphic Cards supports it and then download the latest DirectX to your machine (and to the correct windows version)
(and also tthe latest driver for your graphic card)

:D
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

:? i have tried all of that, except for the driver issue with my GeForce, and i cant see that having a problem. ill try it, but i dont think that will be the problem. i have downloaded a replacement DDRAW.dll fiel, erased the old one in safemode, replaced it, and it still doesnt work. its like it cant find it. i also tried moving the DDRAW into the Survival Project folder, because there was a lot of other .dll files in there, and that didnt work either. i have the latest version of DirectX (9.0) and the best drivers i can find for the GeForce. so........any other advice please? thx for your help.
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

my advice is not to move DLLs anywhere anytime...
and i suggest you go to Display Property, Settings, Advanced and Troubleshooter...
Set the hardware acceleration to 0
apply, then reset it to Highest acceleration
(and probably your geforce qill send you a message telling you it needs acceleration to work)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thx. ill remmember not to mess with the .dll files, i dont want to screw anything up too much. when i did the thing u suggested, i did find something strange. under the driver information, it was listed as not having DirectX installed. i dont know how thats possible, but i am going to download 8.1 and see if that might fix this. thx for all the help.
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

no problem :)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: alright, problem solved. thx a bunch.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts