directx does not install

• wurmer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wurmer
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

directx 9.0c doesnt install in my computer...the installation windows is fine, i check the end user license agreement then proceed with the installation, but when i click continue, the installation was very fast that i couldnt see the status. after that the installation displays a message that the installtion was complete and it didnt even ask me to reboot my computer which after directx installation does (usually).. but then when i checked dxdiag.exe, there it says directx 9.0b.... i repeatedly install it but it keeps on telling me that the installation was successful. what happen? i cannot intall some games which requires directx 9.0c... please help... its urgent...
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please, next time post this in the "Windows" part of the forum.

Did you try installing it in "Safe Mode" and did you try redownloading the file?
  • wurmer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wurmer

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh sorry about that.. newbie

well i havent tried that yet... how to access safe mode? what to press to be able to access safe mode?
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you boot up, keep pressing your "F8" key, it will prompt you how you would like to boot windows, select "Safe Mode"

Post back!
  • wurmer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wurmer

Post 3+ Months Ago

i tried installing direct x 9.0c.... i followed correct steps of installing it. first check the agreement then it should proceed to installation. but after i clicked next, the installation was fast as lightning you couldn't see the status of the installation process... after that the message appears: "the components installed are now ready for use"... that's it... usually, after installing direct x, the computer asks you to reboot, but this time its none... what's wrong... i even tried installing on safe mode but still doesnt work... please help... its urgent... some games and application wont run unless installed by directx 9.0c.. thanks
  • BartAfterDark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • BartAfterDark

Post 3+ Months Ago

what os are you running.
And type dxdiag in Run.
It tells you what version you got and stuff like that.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I merged your topics wurmer, no need to start a new one.
  • wurmer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wurmer

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am running windows xp sp2... i tried already installing it on safe mode but still doesn't work.... do you have any idea?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts