Dirty Program Uninstall, need assistance & tips

• pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently uninstalled a program using the uninstall feature in Win7. The install seems to have left stuff around which is causing problems. The computer is acting erratic when booting and will not load Explorer at times. I have gone back and used Repair and System Restore and tried a few different dates listed (all recent). This has gotten me into Windows now, but next time the system will acts up again and not load Windows or if it does not Explorer. I checked the Registry and found instances of the file name in this file and also ran the boot log, but can't figure out what steps to take and not make it worse. Does anyone have any place I should start or tips I could use to clean this mess up. All suggestions welcome. Thanks. :?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm does the software have it's own removal tool? Larger software usually have a cleaning tool. but not sure what so suggest really without knowing what software this is for. But worse case is that you backup and format and reinstall windows.
  • pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for fast reply. It was a smaller program to monitor S.M.A.R.T., not a big application and the uninstall was from the Control Panel. It didn't report an error uninstalling and only the erratic pc operation soon after made me get into it. I agree with recommendation, but that would be worse case. I looked at the boot log and noticed some drivers were not installing and would start to trace them back to the program using them so I can try and fix them one at a time. The restore I did seems to be okay because once past the start-up everything works just fine. My thinking is it messed up a driver or other program. How do you trace the drivers back to the program that calls it?
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just taking a look around Computer management function and you can uninstall hardware but i feel that may not fix the issue nor services but may be able to disable the service. tbh i would need to do some research to fine tune this issue. Shall see what i can find.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts