Disabling Offline My Documents Synchronize in Server 2000

• rsn00
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rsn00

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been struggling with this for a few days and all the help and combo I tried doesn't seem to work. I hope someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I've set up folder redirect on the windows 2000 server and enable just My Document to be redirected to the server. (Application Data, My Pictures, Start Menu and Desktop) I disable it. I don't think there is a need for it. (I hope not). Anyway, I also configure user profiles for roaming profiles and exclude all the folders I don't want such as My Document; cookies; ect...)

Anyway, the problem I'm having is synchronization with My Documents. I looking for a way to disable this through GPO so files would not be able to be view offline or sync when users log off or on. This is where I've done some of the changes.

Computer Configure in GPO Policy
Administrative Template/Network/Offline Files
Disable user configuration of offline files (enable)
Synchronize all offline files before logging off (disable)
Disable "Make available offline" (enable)
Prevent use of Offline files folders (enable)

Restart/refresh systems and didn't work. Then I configure the same thing on the User configuration/app template/network and still doesn't work.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Everything I found on google hasn't help yet. But most of the things I found are related to windows 2003 server.

Thanks for any help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post