PC doesn't remember my settings

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer has memory issues... not sure if it's Alzheimers, amnesia :lol:

Anyway, in the audio settings I disabled the option that reads "When plug in headphones, mute speaker" so headphones and speaker works... the next day I turn on my computer I have to disable that option again, and everytime I turn on my computer I have to click that option... gets a bit annoying.

Sometimes, it doesn't remember to automatically connect to my wireless network either... even though I selected auto connect option when I first connected to it. It remembers my password but sometimes (not all the time) it doesn't connect automatically. What happens is that when it logs on and processes start to load, I'm connected already, but then when everything is done loading it's disconnected and I have to connect to it... but the password is memorized.

I'm not sure where to go or what to do to better the situation. Thanks in advance :P
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you able to shut down regular or you having to hard shut it down? also i doubt it affects it but what about your system clock is it the right time when you boot up? Are you comming from a fresh boot or a hibernation boot or a reboot?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

My system time is right, I shut it down normally (through the shut down button in the Start menu), I'm not sure what you mean by "boot"...
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I shut it down normally (through the shut down button in the Start menu)

<---- that answered my question. so you do a fresh boot! meaning starting up the computer. I am not sure maybe someone else will chime in!

side note. By the sounds of it you are just not having any luck with that computer..!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is weird... I just shut down my computer and turned it back on and it remembered everything... not sure what to say...
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you sure your not the one with alzheimers or amnesia :lol:
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol wouldn't be surprised :lol: It might have being leftover memory-loss from the times when the coputer just shut down/crashed unexpectedly...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts