So I'm doing some work in photoshop...

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was slicing an image for web when all of a sudden Vista popped up with a message stating that the program had stopped working. IT HADN'T STOPPED WORKING. I was literally in the process of dragging a slice when it popped up. It was working just fine and dandy. Then the popup dissappears and a new one comes up saying: "The program you are using has stopped responding, windows will now close the program" or something to that effect. I was like "heeeeeellll no!" so only being given the option in the popup to "Close Program" and no option to tell vista to butt out, I decided to click on the "X" to close the popup. It closed photoshop anyway.

I remember these messages popping up on vista and you were given the option to either close the program or wait for the program to respond. Since when is it that my OS decides to close a program for me? I've officially had vista for about 2.5 weeks now and am already seeing why everyone dogs on it. I'm extremely upset about this. I suppose I'm expected to save after every action I perform just in case this happens.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just curious, did you try to save your work before you hit the X on Windows Vista? or was Adobe Photoshop not accessible?

I use Windows 7 and if I recall it does give you the option to keep waiting versus immediately just shutting down the program. So maybe they came to their senses.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was like the UAC pop-up on vista where it greys out the background and you are only left with access to the popup. Thank god this won't happen in windows 7, my computer is eligible for the free upgrade.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts