DON'T upgrade dell mobo's | vista cd key

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys, i replaced the mobo and cpu in my dell pc and did a clean install. i thought it would work fine if i use my dell cd key.. well i was wrong.
so after some quick searching i found out dell will not help in this sort of case even though you paid for vista, witch sucks as i used up my budget on the mobo and cpu not knowing..

I think i should be allowed to use the key on any pc i want, "i paid for it why cant i use it?"

anyone thinking about upgrading to a new mobo keep in mind you will need a new cd key(if it is a dell), as i found out the hard way..

so what i am asking is if anyone has a cd key they are not using.. such as someone who bought a new pc that came with vista and they did not like it and installed xp..
anyone that can help me out with the cd key please pm me, thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was a known problem before Vista was released. It's too bad that you found it the hard way. I agree that you should be able to use it how you want, since you paid for it. The next thing I'm going to do with my Vista laptop is upgrade it to Windows 7 & say bye bye Vista, POS.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
That was a known problem before Vista was released. It's too bad that you found it the hard way. I agree that you should be able to use it how you want, since you paid for it. The next thing I'm going to do with my Vista laptop is upgrade it to Windows 7 & say bye bye Vista, POS.

i really like vista. it works well with the software i have and use and it looks good. as long as you know how to use it and dont use super old programs, it works well, other then useing a load of ram. i don't want to go back to xp and windows 7 rc is just not there with drivers yet.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's cool. I never try tell people what they like.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts