I downloaded Quicktime and Itunes.

• Ali14
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ali14

Post 3+ Months Ago

And my disk space was 73.1 before I installed it then when I installed it, it got to 72.9 and I'm like it ofcourse the program.

But then I deleted it and it was still 72.9, like why didn't it go back to 73.1 after I deleted it?

Help.
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you empty your recycle bin?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

remove program files and the music folder in my doc
  • Ali14
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ali14

Post 3+ Months Ago

I deleted the Itunes folder in My Music but there is nothing in program files to delete because I've already deleted Quicktime and Itunes from there and my size is still the same.

Help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, first of all, did you read Grinch's question. Have you emptied your recycle bin? Until you do, your available space isn't going to change.

Second of all, you went about it the wrong way. You never remove a program by deleting the contents of the Program Files folder . You Uninstall it, either using Add/Remove programs in your control panel, or using the Uninstall option of the program itself assuming one is provided.

By deleting the files, you are not actually uninstalling the program. Many programs leave multiple files in the System32 or Windows folder (or even other places) and multiple registry entries, none of which will be removed if you don't uninstall.

Also, if you uninstall, it frees up the space immediately. My suggestion would be reinstall both programs and then uninstall them the correct way.
  • Ali14
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ali14

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I did delete it from CP in Add or Remove Programs.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the clarification. Doesn't really help solve the problem, but the terminology is important. Deleting is entirely different from uninstalling. Not sure of the answer at this point.
  • Ali14
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ali14

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, I meant I uninstalled it from CP "add remove programs", anyways you can't even delete it from there.
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW thought you meant you just went to Program Files and deleted the Quicktime directory. I myself thought you had done that as well. You'd be surprised at how much people do that rather than use Add/Remove programs.

Have you followed what grinch mentioned anyway about the recycle bin? Its worth a shot anyway.
By the way did you delete the installer?
  • scarslilpyro
  • Loc: On your router

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ali14 wrote:

Shame on you.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

scarslilpyro wrote:
Ali14 wrote:

Shame on you.

Don't knock it until you have the pro version and still don't like it. In my opinion QT probably has the best compression going right now.
  • Rageweaver
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Rageweaver
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you will, search Google for Ccleaner. Download that to fix old registry, and download CleanUp! (Search google for second download). They recover mass amount of space.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts