Drive Problems

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im trying to mix drive D which was completely free with drive C which was full and also had my Operating System installed on it. I unallocated the space on drive D but there was no option for reallocating that space to Drive C in Disk Management. I downloaded Partition Magic and im still not able to allocate the free space to drive C.

Also the Partition Magic reports that disk 3 which is a sata drive 250gb, is BAD. How should i correct this? There's 78 GB of data on the 250Gb disk 3 and its working ok but Partition Magic reports it to be BAD ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Partition Magic was such a good program. I don't know how good it is since Symantec bought them.

Acronis is one that comes highly recommended these days and may give your better results. I have never tried it, so it's not a personal recommendation.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/pr ... kdirector/
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okey, ill also try acronis but is it possible to merge a drive which is free with the drive on which the operating system is installed?

Also im unable to boot if i have the 250gb hard disk plugged in (This is the drive reported bad by Partition Magic). I have to remove it to get my computer to boot. What should i do ?
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okey my 80 Gb hard disk which has Drive C and D which i want to merge was a Dynamic Disk. I searched and i found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913964

Its a way to convert Dynamic to Basic. I tried it exactly as it says but i ended up with drive D not appearing and in the disk management the whole 80gb drive is now Unreadable ??

AAGH
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know about the dynamic to basic conversion and I'm not sure you can merge those drives without formatting and starting over. That's probably why there was no option to add the free space to the system drive in disk management.

Now that you are further away from your original goal, you may want to start backing up all your data and start fresh.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

As i messed it up, Windows wasnt starting so i had to install windows all over again...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts