drive probs

• deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok so friend just phoned me and ask me to help them, every time they but in a cd or USB stick they get "drive:\ is not accessible access denied" this is on all user accounts limited and admin. any idea on how to solve this? i dnt have access to the computer right now which doesn't help i know but i have looked on a look of sites from google and the best replies i got from there was "something is blocking it" and "backup and format" neither of which are not helpful what so ever.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "something is blocking it" part is right. You just have to find out what it is. It sounds like the PC was on a network and the system admin made registry changes or used a policy editor to restrict users.

Many admins do that these days to avoid "road apples", which are CDs or USB drives, with trojans on them, planted around office buildings. It's guaranteed that some worker will find it and use it in the office and compromise the entire network.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is in a small company there a main computer and laptop top i was talking to the main user of the computer. she doesn't even know how to change the registry or even knows that it's there. i know the computers been acting strangely i might go get a hijack this log and see if theres anything there
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Run Hijack This and run Anti Malware from http://www.malwarebytes.org. Run Anti Malware first.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts