dual O/S problem

• sreerajks
  • sreerajks

Post 3+ Months Ago

:o hello evryone
something unexpected happened to me yesterday. my comp. has win98 in its C:\. last day i installed win2000 server in its E:\ and after installation i converted the E:\ to NTFS. now i have win 98 in C:\ and win 2000 server in E:\. evrything went fine for one day. but today when i started win2000 it says ntos file is corrupted. so i restarted and selected win98. now it says msdos.sys is corrupted and hymem.sys not found. :?: . im totally confused. any solutions to provide for this both O/S to be in my system. also i would like to know how i can revert my ntfs to fat32 :idea: .
please help

thanks in advance.

sreeraj
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

It sounds like you have several corrupt sectors on your hard drive. Run scandisk (chkdsk) and see if it finds anything. There maybe some 3rd party tools you can use to check the drive integrity as well.
  • sreerajks
  • sreerajks

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello, evrybody

yes. it may be of bad sector. becos when i tried to reinstall windows98 again, it says some files and directory entries are corrupted and their size is wrong. so after a series of scandisk checks and after reoving many folders and files , only it allowed me to reinstall wndows98. one more thing is that when i reinstalled win98, now my windows 2000 server also started working perfectly. :shock: . whats happening????? i dont understand.

any way thanks for all replys. but i wish , to hear what exactly is the problem

sreeraj.
  • sreerajks
  • sreerajks

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D hello buddies
the problem is not solved. i told ,i installed windows 98 a 2nd time.evrything went fine for one day. but the nextday the same problem appeared again.when i started win2000 it says ntos file is corrupted. so i restarted and selected win98. now it says msdos.sys and aother system files are corrupted and hymem.sys not found.then i tried to install win98 from command prompt. but it says now win98 cannot installed from command prompt and use program manager insted. im totally confused. now i cant use win98 and win2000 and cannot re install win98. what to do ?????? :?: any idea ?????? :idea:

thanks in advance.

sreeraj
  • hackeralert
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi sreeraj......
ur pblm sounds as ur comp is effected with virus... so dont repare win98 once again and try runnin anti virus. or instead of reinttallin first copy msdos.sys and hymem.sys to their location frm ur backup... so that u can save ur time in reinstalling.
or else try formatin the drive in which u vae th os and install th fresh copy of os... this will help u out.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts