[SOLVED] DVD Burner keeps hiding

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a Samsung WriteMaster a while back and it was working great. However when I messed around with Daemon tools I noticed it vanished (installing/uninstalling). I installed raid 1 on my computer and XP could "see" the drive in the Device Manager, but it was still not working. So I changed some drive letters around in Disk Management (my other CD drive and the DVD burner as I can recall), and it fixed it and my burner worked. However, a few days back I uninstalled Daemon tools again and now my DVD burner does not even appear in the device manager? This program keeps messing my burner up and I don't know a way I can fix it. I hate the program in the first place, getting something else...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no clue how, but as a last ditch attempt to tried to search for my DVD burner with the windows device manager and it finally worked. I did before to no avail, but it magically appeared after I rebooted (many times) and deleted some registry keys and some other odd stuff it finally discovered the burner.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts