Error

  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok so here is what is happening you guys. I have this one game which I ever play but today I decided to have a lil challenge online. So here I take the game Delta Force 2 and installed it, when the lil thingy to instaled came up there was an error...and I can;t remember what it said :lol: and I clicked ingnore so the game installed perfectly, but the movie is not over yet. So I got online so I could play in multyplayer mode and when I put the game that the presentation of the game was goign to come out the fanny widnows XP error message came out telling me that there was an error Send or Don't send well i kinda webt through the error and it said there was an error here:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER62.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

damnnn these people are getting me a headache :oops: so I clicked don't send and the game came up and I was so happy and all cus allthough there was an error the game came out, but from one moment to another the game with minimized. :roll: I was like wao and I clicked back on the game for it to maximize but again it minimized, i maked sure there wasn't any other window open, and again clicked on the game and it minimazed again. and soo on.

Do any of ya all know hot could I Quit This :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23456
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your problem may have already been addressed here:

http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/minimizing-problem-t1982.html

In the mean time based on the error that you did post


C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER62.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

I would suggest reading that appcomat.txt file and see what it says. Then possibly uninstall the game and reinstall it when you're not in such a hurry and see if it installs correctly.

I'm assuming the afformentioned text file addresses compatability issues with XP
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 763
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

//moving to windows forum
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I think your problem may have already been addressed here:

http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/minimizing-problem-t1982.html

In the mean time based on the error that you did post


C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER62.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

I would suggest reading that appcomat.txt file and see what it says. Then possibly uninstall the game and reinstall it when you're not in such a hurry and see if it installs correctly.

I'm assuming the afformentioned text file addresses compatability issues with XP


:cry: Oh my I read the whole post and I'm having exactly the same problem bro, I do windows update all the time and steel have the prob I couldn't understand some part am I suppousted to delete some software or something oh my goood :cry: I'm gona die without my game, I WANT MY MAMAAAAAAA :(
LOL damn bro.... :wink: [/i]
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23456
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This was basically the answer in the prior post:

Quote:
Well I actually found a fix!!!! (Wish I could say I worked it out myself....with the title 'newbies assistant..oh well) . It is indeed a problem caused by windows updates. Unfortunately there appear to be quite a few, inc self with this problem, that is caused by this. Would have never guessed it, even though I have built numerous systems up. I found a website called dragons firing squad, where this problem was being discussed, and a character called dragon confirmed that the offending updates are....Windows hotfix KB828035, kb823182, kb824141 and kb825119. With these updates uninstalled, (ignore MS's warnings about 'if you uninstal this other ones won't work etc) , rebooting each time, I successfully played for an hour and a half last night with no probs at all. Before then, it would have done the minimizing thing 20 times! So all is well. One character said they had emailed MS with this info. mmmm. Hope this gets you going too!! all the best. Ahhh


Apparently he had to uninstall the hotfixes mentioned in his post. You should find those in your add remove software.
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
This was basically the answer in the prior post:

Quote:
Well I actually found a fix!!!! (Wish I could say I worked it out myself....with the title 'newbies assistant..oh well) . It is indeed a problem caused by windows updates. Unfortunately there appear to be quite a few, inc self with this problem, that is caused by this. Would have never guessed it, even though I have built numerous systems up. I found a website called dragons firing squad, where this problem was being discussed, and a character called dragon confirmed that the offending updates are....Windows hotfix KB828035, kb823182, kb824141 and kb825119. With these updates uninstalled, (ignore MS's warnings about 'if you uninstal this other ones won't work etc) , rebooting each time, I successfully played for an hour and a half last night with no probs at all. Before then, it would have done the minimizing thing 20 times! So all is well. One character said they had emailed MS with this info. mmmm. Hope this gets you going too!! all the best. Ahhh


Apparently he had to uninstall the hotfixes mentioned in his post. You should find those in your add remove software.


Hey Bro I did what it said on the instructions and uninstalled the updates it showed but steels when I put the game the window minimizes. There are some other Windows hotfixes do you think i should remove them too and see??? :oops:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23456
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dragon wrote:
...So here I take the game Delta Force 2 and installed it, when the lil thingy to instaled came up there was an error...and I can;t remember what it said :lol: and I clicked ingnore so the game installed perfectly, but the movie is not over yet. So I got online so I could play in multyplayer mode and when I put the game that the presentation of the game was goign to come out the fanny widnows XP error message came out telling me that there was an error Send or Don't send well i kinda webt through the error and it said there was an error here:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER62.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

damnnn these people are getting me a headache :oops: so I clicked don't send and the game came up and I was so happy and all cus allthough there was an error the game came out, but from one moment to another the game with minimized. :roll: I was like wao and I clicked back on the game for it to maximize but again it minimized, i maked sure there wasn't any other window open, and again clicked on the game and it minimazed again. and soo on.

Do any of ya all know hot could I Quit This :cry:


I sorta think you may have read some of what I suggested, but not all of it. I believe (without looking back) I suggested you uninstall the game and reinstall it when you are less in a hurry. The quote I placed above indicates you had little patience and weren't watching what you were doing at the time. I believe I also suggested there may be a compatability issue with your game and XP. You really should look into that.
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Bad Bro, its its me some times I just like reading the important parts... but I totally forgot about that part, cus i did read it :roll: My bad bro, I'll be more carefull next time.

The fanny thing is that the game used to work on this machine perfectly :?

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: Bigwebmaster and 69 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.