errors with Apache

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have errors with Apache. This is what i did and i got these errors. I found instructions that are really good for me.

I went to Start-All programs-Apache HTTP Server 2.0.45-Control Apache Server and then i click start.

<OS 10048> Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network address/port> is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down. Unable to open logs.

What does that mean? That is the error i got. When i found these instructions. I thought, I was going to have Apache, PHP, and MySQL up and running tonight. Please reply back as the earliest of tonight. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you have something else running already using port 80. Do you have another version of Apache running? or did you try to run the program more than once? Before you ever start Apache make sure you shut it down all the way first.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks but i already got it. I had to change it from port 80 to port 8080.
  • CompJock
  • Born
  • Born
  • CompJock
  • Loc: Orlando, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good to hear that you fixed the problem...however, the first time I got this error message, it was due to the fact that I had IIS installed and configured to run on port 80. I just unintalled IIS and it worked fine. Good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts