My files=> access denied...please help =()

• Pooky
  • Pooky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm new here, and I've a major problem. I can't seem to access my files. I'm on a shared computer at home, and there are 4 users. last weekend, i was playing around with the shear/security tabs to try and make my own files only accessible by me~ Unfortunately, I did the opposite, and now I can't access my own files!!! I don't know how this happened. But I can access files that I've created since my denied access. When I want to open a file folder in my files, it says Access Denied. can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much!!! :cry: :oops:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome to OZZU, now for your problem can you give a little more info OS is a big one to solve this particular problem. But mainly it sounds like a permissions issue (usually that is with win2k, XP) my suggestion is to use the administrative account to reset the file permissions of your files, set the permissions to your username, and deny everybody else. If you are not the administrator of the system then you will have to get somebody that setup the administrator account to change the permissions for you :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts