Firefox tab problem

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how to solve this but I know that this shouldn't be a problem. This happens most of the time but not always.

I can go to youtube and start some music to play and then I would want to switch tabs to do whatever I want but it wouldn't let me. I click and click on the tab i want to switch to but I can't unless I pause whatever I listen to. It happens on mostly any site that has flash videos or music on it. Its pretty annoying. Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• PsYchoMantis
  • PsYchoMantis
  • Loc: Walker, Louisiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

"I've noticed this at times as well - usually when I have a alot of Firefox tabs open.

My guess is that when Firefox is low on system resources, it lowers the priority for things it thinks you are no longer really using - such as flash that isn't on screen.

A couple of suggestions:
- restart Firefox (completely close all windows and tabs and relaunch)
- close any other memory intensive programs you might be using.
- use IE or Opera for your background entertainment."

http://ask.metafilter.com/68744/Make-th ... ing-please

Still looking tho, I'll let you know if I find anything else.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't let me switch tabs altogether. I have to stay on that tab unless I pause the youtube video or the flash file. I guess that's that problem on a different view. There they let switch tabs but the flash thing pauses on its own, but here I have to pause before I can switch tabs. I don't have OE or Opera to use as background. I mean can get one, but I hate IE. WHy does Firefox has to have this limitation?
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have the most recent version of Firefox?
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Click some where in the HTML on the page then click on the tab you want, this maybe because you have "selected/focused" on the flash object, try it on any online flash game site...you have to click somewhere on the page (not the flash) then to tab,

Hope that helps.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fabinator wrote:
Do you have the most recent version of Firefox?

Yes, I believe so. Firefox updates itself on my computer. It asks me in a pop-up (after I double clicked it, but before the window itself opens) if I want to update Firefox when the updates come out.

murcielagossi wrote:
Click some where in the HTML on the page then click on the tab you want, this maybe because you have "selected/focused" on the flash object, try it on any online flash game site...you have to click somewhere on the page (not the flash) then to tab,

Hope that helps.

I'll try that the next time it happens. Thanks for that tip ;)
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or you could just play some flash game, that involves clicking...make sure you've clicked it then try to change tabs.
  • nacho77
  • Born
  • Born
  • nacho77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same happens to me. When this happens, that I can't change tabs, if I use the keys Ctrl+Tab I can change. Also, if the in the tab with the flash I scroll down and the flash object is no longer visible, I can change tabs with the mouse.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have the latest ff and mine is fine have any of you tried looking on the mozilla site for known bugs?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I usually just double click on the tab bar to make a new tab and then switch tabs then... I just got a new computer with the latest Mozilla Firefox and I still have this problem...

Ctrl+tab sounds like an easier solution :)

I'll try and see what the Mozilla site has on it's site although if they knew of this, why didn't they fix it?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts