Format ubuntu

• Raispal
  • Born
  • Born
  • Raispal

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i have bought a dell cpu that has ubuntu on it and i have a windows media center operating system cd. is there a way to format the hard drive and install windows onto it. if there is please tell me how
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

While your newly bought DELL CPU is on, please insert your Windows OS CD into your DELL disc. Restart your CPU, enter your BOOT menu. Choose the CD and click install. You may be seeing setting partition. Use manual if you want to partition manually, or since you do not want UBUNTU. Just use all the space of your hard disk.

If I am correct, Windows will install straightaway without you needing to set partition. It will format UBUNTU automatically. If I am wrong, then just go through the partition process, and use all hard disk space for your WINDOWS if that is your attempt.

Hope it helps. Keep us updated.
  • suraja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • suraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

You make a PARTITION for the Linux. Format the Linux as ext3 is a pretty good choice. Then Ubuntu has software that reads the NTFS data files. To run about 70% of Windows software, you have to add a package called WINe. First link is what we call a 'HowTo' 2nd link is ubuntu forums.

I got that from this Ubuntu Linux Knowledge. ALso learn how to install Ubuntu Linux on a jump drive

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts