Re-Formatting Issues

• JordanJoseph
  • Born
  • Born
  • JordanJoseph

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep trying to re-format my hard drive, but I have not yet been successful. I have try to different ways. The first is inserting the windows disk and restarting my computer, but the it will not boot of of the disk. The second thing I have tried is to run the disk after windows has booted up. This works but then it says windows cannot save to the disk. With this error message saying I needed to install my raid drivers. I quit the program and re-installed the drivers. After this I started the windows disk again, and it produced the same message. I am not sure what to do now. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

A boot disk will work if you set the boot sequence in the BIOS first. When you start the PC, you'll see Press ____ to enter setup. _____ can be F1, F2 or delete. Watch the screen.
  • ozmaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a Windows XP installation disc? If yes, insert the disk into your CD drive and then set your BIOS boot sequence device to CD and then save the BIOS setting.

Then after the XP installation program has finished loading, select F8 for agreeing to the TOS of using the program and proceed with the installation of the OS to your hard disk. You drive will automatically be formatted during the installation process.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess my first question is what OS are you trying to install, and my second question would be, what exactly is your RAID setup? btw Don2007's advice should be sufficient to get you going regardless.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts