formatting windows xp

• kknify
  • Born
  • Born
  • kknify

Post 3+ Months Ago

A couple of problems here. First off i want to format windows xp. BUT i cant start Windows xp. And when i try to use the windows installer off the cd it gives me an error it is about a corrupt file not sure on the exact name its lke ntoskrnl.exe and the installer says that the file is corrupt and to press any key to exit installer. then it reboots and brings me back to the operating system selection screen and I have three options Windows Xp pro- but it doesnt work, the Windows xp setup- which of course doesnt work because off the corupt file. And Windows ME which i dont like using but i am. So i decided that i should just format the hard drive but i dont know how to in the situation i have... Any help?

Also i checked the other posts on a similar topic to mine but i think my problem is slightly different. also i would like to know how to format the hard drive anyway. please excuse grammar and spelling im in a hurry!!

Pleassssee post! Im in serious trouble if i dont get up and running soon!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WoRd Of WiSdOm
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Riverside,California

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is the windows xp startup screen i kno some files you can get around if they are corrupt but this one i dont think can be skipped it is an important file
  • Tyler Durden

Post 3+ Months Ago

just format the whole hdd from dos. then reinstall xp.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts