Gmail Stopped Showing Bold, Ital, etc + Settings don't open

• Involved
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New York City\Metro Area

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi...

I've used Gmail with both IE9 and Chrome without any problems. Then, for no apparent reason, the Gmail I was using with Chrome lost features: No more boldfacing, underlining, italicizing, etc. Also, Settings won't open and I can't open Contacts or Tasks. Gmail still works perfectly with IE. I reinstalled Chrome, but that did not do anything to fix the situation. Any suggestions? :?: Thanks. David

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6077 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 588375 MB, Free - 427921 MB; D: Total - 21799 MB, Free - 3103 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 84 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1448
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm well if they updated their software and you still have temp data sitting on your computer i would start by clearing cache first and better yet to check if your computer or gmail login from another computer.

Posting your spec stats is great but really nothing to do with gmail as it is a web based service.

also tried to google if others are having this problem. As i don't use gmail service for my email but just adding on to this i just logged into my gmail account that i use for other services and all the functions seam to be there using windows 7 and latest firefox.

I would try a cache clear and then see what happens
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

It may be because of regular updates the`re making. Try usking the supporting service for help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts