xp group policy problem

• Jagadeshan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Jagadeshan
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is workgroup (not a domain) pc os is Xp professiional sp2. i am not able access view group computers show the errors i logged administrator account.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are you trying to view? I am having a difficult time understanding what you are trying to do.
  • Jagadeshan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Jagadeshan

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am trying to view the my network places --> open view workgroup computers but i not able to access this showing permission denied contact administrator, i am login administrator account.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

This isn't a group policy problem. The only policies that affect My Network Neighborhood hide it, it doesn't disable access.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodte ... x?mfr=true

There must be another issue causing this.

Since this is a workgroup and not a domain I assume you are trying to access a share on a PC within your workgroup. Try this:

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in \\computername and press enter (computername = the actual computer name you are trying to access)

Can you access the PC that way?
  • Jagadeshan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Jagadeshan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thing is Not a Group policy problem because already i check it in group policy there is no configured related in network settings
i am setup is one windows xp and all other fedora anybody is not access my pc b'se the user not configured samba so fedora not able access my pc

i went
run-gpedit.msc-userconfiguration-administrative Templates-windows component-windows explorer-no entire network option is -> Not configured (no disable and Enable) how is possible

Help Me Wating For u'r information.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you are running XP Pro SP2 and everyone else is running Fedora? You also state that Samba is not configured? That seems to be your problem. I already stated that Group Policy is not your issue. I would suggest having someone configure Samba and see if that resolves your issue.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts