I have a problem i need help!!!

• forer22
  • Born
  • Born
  • forer22

Post 3+ Months Ago

when i put a cd in my pc dont respond but when i try to enter clicking on directory d: it works now what happened was that i run the program archive tester and i replace the windows files with the win98r3 carpet files and then when i reboot the computer tells me that windows has a protection error and that i need to reboot and then i dont now what to do help me please!!!!!
why i do that was beacuse my computer was slow with no reason... can somebody and tell the posible reasons please?
well thats all i hope that someone can help me with this...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

:eek6: *trying to decipher what you are trying to say*
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree. I got through a few lines and then just gave up
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the reference to archive tester is probably a valid file checker program but appears to be related to what I think is probably a German BBS system related to FAME/Amiex as evidenced in this link

http://www.saschapfalz.de/downloads.php?LANG=en (you'll see the archive tester under the trsi-mcheck16.lha download.)

I can find very little reference to what it is or what it does though.

I'm assuming this post was translated from German through a translator, and would take a rough stab in the dark that win98r3 carpet files actually refers to win98se root files, but it doesn't really get me any closer to understanding the actual problem. Perhaps that might give us something to work with, though.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe we should translate it back?? hehe :P
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK what I said was

Quote:
Ich denke, daß der Hinweis auf Archivprüfvorrichtung ist, vermutlich ein gültiges Akte Kontrolleurprogramm aber scheint, zusammenzuhängen mit, was ich bin vermutlich ein deutsches BBS System denke, das auf FAME/Amiex bezogen wird, wie in dieser Verbindung bewiesen http://www.saschapfalz.de/downloads.php?LANG=en (Sie sehen die Archivprüfvorrichtung unter das trsi-mcheck16.lha Download.) Ich kann finden sehr wenig Hinweis auf, was es ist, oder was es zwar tut. Ich nehme an, daß dieser Pfosten wurde vom Deutschen durch einen Übersetzer übersetzt und würde einen rauhen Stab in der Dunkelheit nehmen, daß Akten des Teppichs win98r3 sich wirklich auf win98se Wurzelakten bezieht, aber sie nicht mich wirklich irgendwie näeher an dem Verstehen des tatsächlichen Problems erhält. Möglicherweise, dem geben konnten uns etwas zu arbeiten mit, zwar

I hope that translates into German better than it translated to English
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow -- no clue. :eek5:

how did you know it was in german to begin with? familiar with
that particular translator something?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Read the English reply - FAME/Amiex appears to be related to a German BBS
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

here is the translated first post. wasn't that hard to get. wow i can and won't want to get to know german

when i put a cd in my computer it doesn't respond. When I click on the d: drive it works. What happened was that i ran the program archive tester and i replaced the windows files with the win98r3 carpet files. Then when i reboot the computer it tells me that windows has a protection error and that i need to reboot and then i dont know what to do help me please!!!!!
why i did that was beacuse my computer was slow for no reason... can somebody and tell the posible reasons that it may do that.
well thats all i hope for that someone can help me with this... please
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg, good detective work there ATNO... jeez that made my brain hurt... no commas or breaks in the sentences either

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts