I have reason to belive my ex installed a keylogger or

• Morgan
  • Born
  • Born
  • Morgan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have reason to believe my ex boyfriend installed a keylogger onto my computer. I need to know how I can find out. I am not very good at the whole background of computers thing, but I can figure it out if someone helps me. I don't know if it's a keylogger, or some kind of spyware, but I do know that he somehow knows what I'm doing on my computer. Please let me know how I would detect any of this, if he installed it. I don't think he hacked my computer...
  • gmulak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tustin, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are so many programs and ways to do this unfortunately. The best way might be fore you to find a trustworthy computer friend. If you have some version of Windows you can also go into the task manager and see which programs are running. To do this hold down Ctrl-Alt and then Delete keys. Click Task manager and look at the program and services tabs. Google the list of services that pop up. See if you see anything that may be spyware there. Also check in the notification bar on the bottom. Is TeamViewer running or any other such program where someone can login remotely? Anyway, a few places to start.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA
  • Morgan
  • Born
  • Born
  • Morgan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just feel sick to my stomach, I may be paranoid, but there is this feeling that my computer has a rat. I have opened command prompt and looked at ports, and tried to match port numbers with a list of known "rat Trojans", I guess. I had no idea what I was looking for. I also looked for two winlogon exe. in my programs running... There is only one. There are a lot of remote access protocols.. and things like that.. But I have remote access unchecked in my computer. Someone please tell me how to detect this.. Please tell me what I need to look for.
  • gmulak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tustin, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Morgan - don't panic. Sport posted a great link above 3 days ago. What he posted are very good suggestions. It is a little bit of work but you can clean up your PC and keep it clean.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts