Have some problem with dvd player

• kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hai guys,

I have a problem with my dvd drive. I have installed a dvd drive in my server. The OS of the server is windows 2003. I can play the dvd movie on the server. It says to decrease the screen resolution or frequency... I have done that all and still could not see the movie. Is there any way i can see the dvd movie on my server...... should i install some additional software or something for that ( some decoder/encoder/codec) to support the dvd movies to be played on my windows 2003 server OS....
Please help me

Regards,
Kuttan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you receive a driver/software cd with the dvd drive and install whatever is on it?
Windows media player and Real player software will play DVDs but most drives come with some kind of dvd player software packaged with the drive. Your video settings should be 1024 x 768 for best dvd playback. Im not sure if Ive got your questions right, but Ill be happy to help you if I can. :)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the graphics card? What is the DVD software?
  • kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hai again............. :lol:

I have sorted out that problem... I have installed all other dvd playing software. I didnt work ... But when i installed "POWER DVD" player it worked.... Now i can see DVD movies in my Windows Server 2003..... :lol: . Any way thankx for the help guys......

Regards,
Kuttan
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

kuttan wrote:
Hai again............. :lol:

I have sorted out that problem... I have installed all other dvd playing software. I didnt work ... But when i installed "POWER DVD" player it worked.... Now i can see DVD movies in my Windows Server 2003..... :lol: . Any way thankx for the help guys......
Regards,
Kuttan

Thats great Kuttan, Im glad you solved the problem yourself. Thats the best way to learn. Power DVD is what came with my drive and I prefer using it. Lots of DVD movies actually have their own player packaged with them, and I have yet to find one that works as well as Power DVD. :)
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

Concerning DVDs...the LG ones have problems with the ISO checks,
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just wonder why do u want to watch DVD on your server? :roll:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not?

If they've got a big monitor, or a TV output, and a decent sound card with 5.1... Why not? :)
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Why not?

If they've got a big monitor, or a TV output, and a decent sound card with 5.1... Why not? :)

I kinda wondered that too. You'd think with a windows server, he wouldn't have time to watch many movies. :wink:
  • kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hai its me again,

Why dont i watch movies in server. I dont have any restriction for watching movies in the server. I am just exploring what will happen if i watch movies in the server. I too agree the Windows server is not made for watching movies or playing games. I can atleast try if it works or not ?? if it works why should i have another machine for just watching movies or like that....... I think learing is exploring and discussing, not just what blindly taking things which are said to you and be in a limited circle...... thats what i thing....

Regards everyone,
Kuttan..
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Why not?

kuttan, its cool. why not? I agree with you and Axe. Experiment, see what works and what doesnt. Thats learning. :)
  • kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmmmm

Thankx jfvb. I dont thing windows server should be only used for some specific jobs. Computers and softwares are used for multi purpose so we have to explore it to find a new thing. If we say it can be used only for one thing we will never find what it can be actually used for or what is its actual limit..... :roll:. When i asked the Question " i cant see a DVD movie in a windows 2003 server most of the people didnt answer that Question..... But instead they asked me another Question " Why do you want to see a movie in a Server". I am only a beginer in this field so i dont know pretty much of this stuff....So atleast now you should know that you can see movies on a Windows Server tooo...... So that if some people askes these question again you can help them...... (and dont take it as offense)...

Reegards to all
Happy easter all of you,
Kuttan
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its not a matter of helping or not, sure i would have giving u my support, and since i saw that some post were there to help u solve ur problems, there were no need for me post any more, so i just posted the question by asking why do u want to watch movie in ur server was just for curiosity, but sure u can do anything u want on ur server, and I already know that u can watch movie on window 2003 server. But thanks for telling us.

Regards.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts