having serious problems with windows xp

• WilliamCA
  • Born
  • Born
  • WilliamCA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i have a new problem. I brought my computer over to a friends house to update drivers, and programs and such. Even got Windows XP service pack 3. Everything seemed to go well, but about 6 days ago i started getting a BSOD. This has happened before, but it seemed to fix itself. This time though it has not. I get to the log on screen and attempt to log in and then the BSOD pops up, saying that Windows stopped because some thing nearly cause serious damage to my computer. I had to go in through safe mode just to bring up a desktop of some kind.

For the last six days i have been trying everything i can think of. So far checkdisk has not worked, neither has error check. I've done a system restore and Last Good Configuration. I used COMODO and found no problems. No viruses. I thought it might have been the faulty CD-DVD drive i installed 6 months ago since it recently stopped burning CDs, so i removed the CD but haven't been able to remove the Nero 8 program that i installed with it.

I finally went and got a minidump view program. It showed me that ntoskrnl.exe was the problem. Apparently it is having conflicts with just about every program that runs right after i lo on I know enough to know that deleting this program could cause serious problems, but i am at my wits end. I do not have recovery console on my computer and no boot up disk. So i am down to five options: delete ntoskrnl.exe, try to delete and replace with a copy from another computer, try to modify the boot.ini, or use a registry error fixer program, or download Service Pack 3 and try to reinstall it.

I have gone to Microsoft to no avail and like i said i am at my wits end here. Can someone help me out?

Oh by the way. I just tried reinstalling XP service pack s and now i can't even make it to safe mode. The system goes to blue screen right after i press F8 and select Safe mode. What do i do now?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reset the BIOS to defaults.
  • WilliamCA
  • Born
  • Born
  • WilliamCA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i fixed it myself, someone got me recovery console and i simply fixed windows xp by way of repair/reinstall.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad to hear it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts