Help! I've deleted myself

• Robert Dann
  • Born
  • Born
  • Robert Dann

Post 3+ Months Ago

In Windows XP I have accidentally deleted my computer administrator user account, so that I can't access my data or do anything except as a guest. Is there any way to recover from this?

When I boot up, the welcome screen asks me to click my user name but there is no user name to click.

Help! Rob.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know if this will work but its worth a shot... try restarting your computer, and then press f8 when its booting up. select the option that says safe mode. see if you can login then. i think it will automatically allow you into windows, with out selecting a username. if that doesnt work, i no there is a way, i had a similar problem on a friends computer, and we figured it out, but i dont remember what we did, it being almost 4 years now...

poly
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

a last resort would be to reformat the computer seeing as you dont need to log in to windows to do it.
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hang on, You deleted the Computer Administrator account which was your own personal account correct?
If it was your personal account then all you should need to do is restart and boot into safe mode as was previously mentioned and there should be the Administrator account on that login screen. The administrator account doesn't show up on the normal screen so your user account most likely had administrator priveleges but was not the safety Admin account. If that doesn't work.. The Recovery Console might have something, just browsing the file now... Doesn't appear to have anything like that and you still require the Administrator account. Other than that I can't really think of anything that could be used.. Doing a repair job on it might allow you to specify usernames.

By the way the Administrator account only appears under the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer management and its related components.. I'll post back if I can think of anything else to add in ideas, have a few ideas I want to chase up.

Alkatr0z

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts