HELP..i've lost sound in my computer

• LPuni
  • Born
  • Born
  • LPuni

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've turned on my laptop to find that there is no sound coming from it..I've tried playing music on Winamp but no sound works. I don't know if anyone in my family has spilt anything on my laptop but in case they didn't does anyone know what the reason may be?
When I tried to hook it up to speakers, winamp gave me an error message saying there was a bad direct sound driver..
any help would be greatly appreciated
  • MadPaddy
  • Born
  • Born
  • MadPaddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

try reinstall direct x(direct sound Driver sometimes gets screwed up) or go to control panel then device manger and uninstall any sound devices then reboot should redetect sound devices and fix problem if not then try reinstalling sound card driver.
let me know how you get on.

~~~ MadPaddy ~~~
  • LordDarkwolf
  • Born
  • Born
  • LordDarkwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to reformat mine and lost sound. Been working on the issue for a few days, but to no avail. Tried so many different things: Plugs on speakers, power to speakers, drivers for sound card, and different sound programs and nothing. Device manager says all of my sound items are working properly, but I can't even pull up the volume control. My multimedia audio controller says that it needs drivers, but all of the ones I've tried (including the ones from the dell website) have been a complete bust. It's a good thing my hair is too short to pull out or else I would have done that by now. PLEASE HELP!
  • dark_lord
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India-Kolkata

Post 3+ Months Ago

@LordDarkwolf

i think you have problem with drivers. you need the right driver for your sound card even if xp tends to pull up its own drivers and skips the installation the right one

search the right one and then uninstall the previous one (or the default installation) and install the new one OR you can use have disk method to install the right driver.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts