Help retrieving data from formatted hard drive

• Hotshot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Hotshot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to whipe my hard drives out but Not with the windows CD I have HP so I did it from the inside one if you get what im saying. Anyways I lost my website I could only bootup in safe mood and it wouldnt let me back it up this happend two days ago is there anyway to get my website folder back?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can boot to safe mode, then you really didn't format your HD. You'll have to explain that a little better.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Was your website only on your local computer? Or do you have it hosted somewhere else too? If the latter just FTP into your host server and copy your files back to your hard drive.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an HP machine (stop laughing) and it's possible to recover your system files without erasing your data files. So which one did you do? Also, in the past on my IBM machine (it's a dinosaur) I was able to retrieve some data that I thought was lost. I actually had formatted that machine twice (using a Windows 98 disk) and was still able to recover something using "Forensic Recovery". I think that's the name. Just do a search for "data recovery software". Some work better than others. All hope may not be lost. But next time you should be periodically saving to your server :) Good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts