Help with internet disconnects...

• d4v1d_0
  • Born
  • Born
  • d4v1d_0

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, lately my dial-up internet has been disconnecting itself. It does it at the same time every time. 3 hours 0 minutes and 22 seconds (03:00:22). It doesn't matter if I'm running anything or if I'm idle, it still disconnects. I've looked all over the place for some setting to change this but can't find anything. Please help because this because it is getting really annoying especially if I'm in the middle of something. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right click on your dial up connection, properties, options, redialing options, "Idle Time Before Hanging Up." This is where the setting would be if it is the computer that is disconnecting you. I think more likely it is your isp. Call them and ask if they have some sort of policy on disconnection after 3 hours.
  • d4v1d_0
  • Born
  • Born
  • d4v1d_0

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked at that and it says "never" there so i assume it's my isp.. but if i remember right, before I got my new computer my old one use to stay on more then 3 hours.. and that was with the same isp. I figured my new one had something that disconnected it. I just hooked the old one back up and trying out to see if it stays on more then 3 hours. Anyways, thanks for the help.
  • vmlmnn
  • Born
  • Born
  • vmlmnn
  • Loc: West Indies

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have the exactly same problem.

my PC was working fine, till our network crashed coz of some virus.

ever since we re-installed windows, i have the same problem. i have tried "Idle Time Before Hanging Up". i have even set up the dial up connection all over again. still the same thing. i have taken off the firewall and it still doesnt help!!!

i called the ISP and they said the fault is with the settings of the PC.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts