Hibernation

• ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

If a computer goes into hibernation, am I still being able to access that computer's resources? If not, is there a way to wake up the computer remotely? I was thinking of the remote desktop connection when I said access the computer in hibernation. I want my computer to go into hibernation but then when I'm at work or somewhere else, I still want to access my computer at home. How can this be done? Any suggestions?

ljCharlie
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to figure that out too. My computer at work is set to go to lock mode automatically shortly after I leave it. It's on my agenda to try to solve that one tomorrow. I'll let you know if I solve it.
  • ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read from another forum that once the hibernation is on, that means the computer is power off. So unless you have a wake on lane network card, you will not able to access or talk to that computer which goes into hibernation. It make sense but I still think there must be a way though. Let me know what you find out.

ljCharlie
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me clarify...I don't go into "hibernation" I think the only OS that does that is ME, isn't it? (I could be wrong)....I just have mine set to lock after a specified interval (Win2K at the moment). But I can't see my computer remotely when I get home (I can see everyone elses, but not mine). I just changed OS's though and need to see if I have my drives shared like they should be. Now I can't remember whether I did that yet, and I'm at home now which is why I have to wait until tomorrow.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

XP has hibernation, I usually turn the hibernation off because I have seen two or three PC's that won't come backup out of hibernation.
  • nalinkj
  • Born
  • Born
  • nalinkj

Post 3+ Months Ago

To turn off Hibernation:

Turn off hibernation
Control Panel-Screen Saver Power-Hibernate Tab-uncheck hibernation box-reboot and hiberfil.sys is no more.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts