how to allocate or tansfer between 2 drive?

• rega83
  • rega83

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have 2 drives in my computer ,,drive C=100 GB,,drive D=500 GB,,i want transfer 200 GB from drive D to drive C,,so how can i do it?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that is possible. I'd have to research some options. You might be able to extend C: onto D: but not sure off hand.

Why do you need to add 200GB to C:?
  • rega83
  • rega83

Post 3+ Months Ago

because drive c will be fill soon,, i need it
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

mite be a silly question but why don't you just move the data to the spare hard drive i am sure you can copy and paste or drag and drop.
  • rega83
  • rega83

Post 3+ Months Ago

please i dont need these type of answers and its not silly question,,i think its important question,,
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

These types of answers are the answers you get from seasoned professionals. When I build a system with multiple drives, the only thing that gets installed on C: is the OS, everything else gets installed or saved to the alternate drives.

The more crap you have installed on C: you can notice performance issues and the possibility of your drive getting filled up which will cause you further problems.

The suggestion from Zealous is quite reasonable and one that I would suggest as well.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

rega83 wrote:
please i dont need these type of answers and its not silly question,,i think its important question,,

Really.......

rega83 wrote:
i have 2 drives in my computer ,,drive C=100 GB,,drive D=500 GB,,i want transfer 200 GB from drive D to drive C,,so how can i do it?

You have stated that you have a computer, you have 2 Hard drives and half a question. You demand a answer to something where;

- you don't point out your OS, so we assume windows.
- you don't say what version of OS you have.(Every OS has different features, computers are not one size fit's all)
- you don't say what task your really trying to do.
- you don't give enough information for us to help.
- you don't need us going through the 500 point check list to figure out what your on about.
- you don't like the answer because you don't ask for help correctly.

Please we don't need this types of posts.......lol

Now if you would like us to help which i am sure we are more then happy to, you just need to tell us what is going on like a big boy.
(My reply may be over the top yes, but i personally think it is called for!)

Explain what you want at the end of it all and the reasons behind it so we can do your research and figure out a solution to help.

:)
  • rega83
  • rega83

Post 3+ Months Ago

my os is windows 7
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been playing around with a virtual machine running Windows 7 64-bit and there is no way to take space from one drive and "give" it to another. At least there is no way to do it with the built in tools. You may be able to do it with a third part solution but so far as I can tell you are out of luck.

So you have two options:

1. Rebuild the machine with C drive as the 500GB disk

or

2. Move files from C: to D: and stop saving things to C: unless absolutely necessary.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

(insert emoticon banging head on wall)

after all that you just give me 1 little bit of info, o.k so i gotta hold your hand on this one.

I am using English btw........

What are you trying to do?
Why do you want to do this?

baby steps :)
  • rega83
  • rega83

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didn't get my answer but thanks for all of you,,,
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I've been playing around with a virtual machine running Windows 7 64-bit and there is no way to take space from one drive and "give" it to another. At least there is no way to do it with the built in tools. You may be able to do it with a third part solution but so far as I can tell you are out of luck.

So you have two options:

1. Rebuild the machine with C drive as the 500GB disk

or

2. Move files from C: to D: and stop saving things to C: unless absolutely necessary.

even with a re partition you can not add space to a hardware device that exceeds it's limits. I don't think it would like saving data half half when limit is reached i am sure there will be data corruption even if it worked.

I just don't see why he can't use shortcuts or even reinstall software to D: E: or F: w/e: drive
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

rega83 wrote:
i didn't get my answer but thanks for all of you,,,

wow...giving up.
  • rega83
  • rega83

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes giving up but thanks for zealous and grinch2171