how do i browse sites restricted on my internet newtork.

• dhoyin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • dhoyin
  • Loc: west africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys,
i need to see how i can browse websites that have been restricted on mes.y internet network. the network was upgraded recently and some of the sites i check info have been blocked, how do i browse this sit
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ask your systems administrator to unblock them.
  • Gearu
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try using a website translator like altavista's babelfish, set it to translate from german to english or something, this has worked for me in the past.
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gearu wrote:
Try using a website translator like altavista's babelfish, set it to translate from german to english or something, this has worked for me in the past.

That's basically like using a proxy, isn't it?
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

casablanca wrote:
Gearu wrote:

That's basically like using a proxy, isn't it?

yeah :) might as will just google for a "proxy" or "php proxy" tho php proxys sometimes clash with other php scripting like logins ect. so "cgi proxy" is the way to go :)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why bother with proxies or some other obscure way of circumventing the restriction? If the sites are important to the work he's doing, then there's no reason his sysadmin wouldn't unblock them.

If he's simply trying to get around the restriction to play games or waste time, his boss will probably end up blocking his paycheck in due time anyways.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Why bother with proxies or some other obscure way of circumventing the restriction? If the sites are important to the work he's doing, then there's no reason his sysadmin wouldn't unblock them.

If he's simply trying to get around the restriction to play games or waste time, his boss will probably end up blocking his paycheck in due time anyways.

I agree with Spork (finally, lol) The last time I found somebody going around my security/blocks, I reported them to their supervisor.... their job is pending.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts