How to give the "local directory"?

• freak
  • Born
  • Born
  • freak

Post 3+ Months Ago

i work with a program called "Instant.EXE 2.0" [from downloads.com] and i want to make an exe file that copies a file from the local directory to some specified directory. BUT my problem is that i don't know how to tell him to copy that file from the "LOCAL DIRECTORY" ? [like all these shortcuts, for example "%SystemRoot%\system32\calc.exe"]
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats a very specific and narrow question for sure.. i personally have not used instant exe, have you contacted their support team at all?
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm after reading the post more carefully, i now see what your trying to ask, and i misunderstood the Q. You might try a plain ole slash in place of a address or maybe left blank. but there may be a more specific command for shortcut variable for this... anyone else know?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gadget Guru, I'm glad you're trying to answer this one because I'm not sure I understand much of this or the other post, but I think what he needs at least in this one is a batch file to run an automated copy. *shrug. I really can't decipher his question enough to try to attempt it. And I have less of a clue what the other question was trying to accomplish.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts