How good are you, This one is tricky: MSN Messenger Crashes

• Bleachy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bleachy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have XP on my laptop / desktop - sometimes MSN messenger just crashes with the following error :-

"The instruction at "0x77f508db referenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory cannot be "written" then messenger just closes down, you can re-start it again and there will be no error message.

now - I work for a firm with over 10k users and this is a huge problem it happens to about 75% of these people wether they use laptops or desktops......

any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anybody tried turning the automatic MSN messenger feature off? Go to control panel, computer management services, MSN messenger and turn it from automatic to manual and stop it. MSN messenger will still work as long as you turn it on from the icon in the lower right hand corner. Let me know if that solved your problem or not, enjoy :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site has tons of excellent things to do with XP - http://www.tweakxp.com

They have a few things to take care of msn here:
http://www.tweakxp.com/search.asp?s=msn
  • Bleachy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bleachy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well we have uninsalled the MSN and used MSN 6.0 to see if that fixed the problem but it was still there...but I will checkout this XP tweak site and thansk for the help....any more ideas would still be welcome however....

<<<<<newbies assistant.....did make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
  • Bleachy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bleachy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry I also forgot to mention this - it happens a hell of a lot when the screen saver comes on - or if you walk away from your desk and when you return you have to contrl + alt+ delete to log in. I cannot turn the screen saver of the lock screen off as it is an intergal part of secruity within the firm.
  • Bleachy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bleachy

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK I found the problem - it seems that its the ads within MSN - I installed a version with all the ads rippe dout and it runs like a dream....seems that while the laptop is locked and the ads refresh it causes this major prob...

Thanks for your help

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts