How to Remove half installed Windows

• argroups
  • Born
  • Born
  • argroups

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have already installed windows xp by mistake I started instalation once again so I stopped it half way in instalation and now I have one fully installed windows XP and another one Half Installed.

When ever I start my PC it asks me to select in between the above mentioned two I would like to remove the Half Installed windows xp kindly advice on this
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will need to open C:\BOOT.INI in Notepad and delete the second line for the second OS. This will keep you from having to choose between the operating systems. If you post that file on here we can make sure you edit it correctly.

After that, delete the other Windows directory that was created. I'm not sure what it will be called to tell you the truth.
  • Dimka
  • Born
  • Born
  • Dimka

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I have a problem I have with me dan windoes Xp Professional Pack 3 on it but I wanted everything new inatlieren so Im out of my pc and laid the windoes Xp Professional Pack 3 dan clean and comb the Windows setup as I have formatted my hdd password instlierte for windows and dan and I noticed it so I turned off my computer and instaled windows was already half-dan and I have wanted to reformat my pc and windows stood steup dan that of the hard drive is not recognized: (

I Hope I can help a
With friendly greetings Dima
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try downloading DBAN (http://www.dban.org/) and use it to completely erase the hard drive contents. After that, Windows setup should recognize it as a blank drive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts