How to split C Drive into two partiotions

• Marko_skg
  • Born
  • Born
  • Marko_skg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone!

Can someone please give me a short tutorial on how to split C drive (the only one on my PC) into two partitions? I currently have Partition Magic installed, and I was planning on using that software, but I could also go for some other solution if it is better.

Cheers!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• swanniebroo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • swanniebroo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I'm not sure the complete complexity's of how to do it, but I'm sure a quick google of Partitioning A Hard Drive couldn't go too far astray.

Swanniebroo.
  • bodom321
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bodom321

Post 3+ Months Ago

partition magig is the best one i have seen at getting the job done, i know you already have it, but it would be a nice idea to get one of those hiren's cd abd use the partition magic it has. i use it usually when i wanna create partitions for linux.

vista already have a tool that does that, but i guess you got xp hehe, so partitoon magic is your best shot
  • Marko_skg
  • Born
  • Born
  • Marko_skg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your replies. Anyone else willing to help?
  • dogbert
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tacoma, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

what are you trying to do exactly, split your system partitition accross 2 partitions (dont think you can do it, and deff dont think you should if you could) or cut the disk in half and use C as the system drive and the other for just open space? not sure of the best way to do it with the OS already installed but if posible start over and repartition the disk to have 2 drives then install the OS on the first. otherwise you can imange the disk then repartition and recover the image onto the one drive if the files on the original disk will fit (notron ghost might do it?) there is a few programs that in recover images onto a diff size drive.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Partition Magic is quite suitable for the job. However, before you partition, you must run Defrag. You can do this in Windows mode, but better if you defrag in safe mode.

Then simply follow the instructions from Partition Magic to repartition the drive.
  • Marko_skg
  • Born
  • Born
  • Marko_skg

Post 3+ Months Ago

What if I take that hard disk and attach it to some other PC, as a slave, what would be the procedure than?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

change the jumper to the slave position specified by the manufacturer to slave it. Then use Partition Magic to partition it. Don't see why you'd go to all that trouble though. PM is perfectly capable of doing it on a primary drive. Done it countless times. Again, however, you will need to defrag regardless prior to partitioning. PM will fail if you don't.
  • xxxlam
  • xxxlam

Post 3+ Months Ago

What did I do is to reformat my Disk... ^_^
  • Libety
  • Born
  • Born
  • Libety

Post 3+ Months Ago

can someone give me in full detail how to partition and repartition my drive with Partition Magic (just heard of it, so i don't know nothing about it)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts