How do you delete URL history in IE browser address bar?

• harriw
  • harriw

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• harriw
  • harriw

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry is when i type www. then a letter it comes up with sites that i have visited but i want rid off them!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing is when you "clear history", you need to close all your browser windows that are opened. Otherwise it retains the autocomplete for web address until you do so. Then reopen Internet Explorer and you should find that it no longer performs the autocomplete.

To prevent it from happening, go to Tools|Internet Options and click the Content tab. Click the button that says Autocomplete. Uncheck Web Addresses and anything else that you don't want to use autocomplete for. You may want to clear your "forms" and "passwords" if you feel it's necessary. Just a word of advice, make sure you know what your passwords are before you clear that one.
  • harriw
  • harriw

Post 3+ Months Ago

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

seriously i cant thank you enough CHEERS!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No Prob. Glad it worked for you.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

//glad someone fixed this topic!
  • FunGuynKC
  • Born
  • Born
  • FunGuynKC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Mr ATNO/TW - I have read the previous posts regarding how to eliminate the auto complete problem in Internet Explorer address windows, but unfortunately this did not correct my problem. The situation I am faced with is the history cleared all my entries all but an adult website address. How can I get it to clear short of going into a DOS mode to correct. Please help. Thanks!!!
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

scan you computer for ad/spyware with a program called adaware or spybot seach and destroy (google them to get downloads) and it might get rid of it, if the way atno said isn't working.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts