Image/CD Expiring Software

• dan robinson
  • Born
  • Born
  • dan robinson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any software out there (free or not) that will allow me to burn a CD of images and have the images or the CD itself expire after a period of time.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!
  • moniqu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • moniqu

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that is possible. There was a news article a while ago about self destructing dvds/cds. The concept was that a special layer would be placed over the disc and after ~48 hours the disc would turn black and would not be readable anymore.

For anything else you could try Dongle protection, which can limit the amount of copies of a disc, but that's not what you're looking for.

A last thing of what I can think of is that you write a software (Visual Basic is very easy to create a GUI software) which can read images, but the images stored (which will be read by the software) are encrypted with a code, and the software will translate the picture back and show it in the screen. In the software you can set a variable to hold the date of compilation and the amount of days for it to be expired. Then you only have to write a small function which will get the current date from the machine and check if there are [x] days passed and if not passed it will show the images else it won't. It may sound hard but it's not that hard :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts